Monday, May 2, 2011

And found that we each had something to say

The past 24 hours have been a complete whirlwind for me. My dad woke me up late last night and told me to turn on the T.V. and wouldn't tell me what was up. So I turned my TV to NBC news and saw one of the most shocking headlines I had ever seen.

OSAMA BIN LADEN DEAD

I was stunned to stay the least. I still remember being a little wide-eyed second grader when the Trade Centers fell and not really understanding that a group of people could hate Americans so much. Now, this man that stood for all of that is gone. So why am I still a little uneasy? We talked in class today about this fear a lot of us have about retaliation. It is a scary to think that another attack could happen after the man behind it all is gone. I just pray that this can mark the end of this chapter in American history and we can begin to make peace.

1 comment:

  1. As nice as the thought of peace is, I cannot believe that terrorism is even near being over, nor can I imagine that the United States will stop spending so much money to fund wars overseas. I think that defense is a sacred cow, and as such, we'll always be spending on it (unless we can elect the right group of politicians... do they exist?). In addition, one man cannot run an entire organization while he is on dialysis. I think that Al-Queda will continue to be a threat for the next few decades at least. While this may be the beginning of the end, I believe that this fight is far from over. So I'm not going to get my hopes up. If all is peace forevermore, trust me, I'll rejoice with you.

    ReplyDelete